Do you have a long standing battle with stage fright?
Have you ever wanted to express an opinion so badly in a small or large group, but the fear of making mistakes kept you from saying it?
Do you want to build your confidence to speak in public?
If your answer to any of these questions is yes, you are not alone. Many people all over the world struggle to express themselves confidently in public. In fact, there was a time in my life when I lacked the confidence to speak in public. I used to be terrified to express my opinion in public because I didn’t want to make mistakes. Fortunately, the story has changed. I have built my confidence to speak in public through a relentless growth process.
Over the past nine years, I have been privileged to handle effective speaking and presentation skills sessions in top organizations across Nigeria, and trained professionals and business executives in various sectors. A major tool that I have used to build my confidence to speak in public is affirmations.
According to some studies, affirmations can help us override negative thought patterns that stymie our effectiveness and build empowering belief system required to achieve our goals.
To help you get started on using affirmations to overcome stage fright and build your confidence to speak in public, here are the top fourteen affirmations I have used over the years. Use these affirmations to prepare yourself to speak confidently any time you have a presentation to make either at work or social situations.
14 Affirmations to Build Your Confidence to Speak in Public
- I believe in my ability to speak confidently in public.
- I do not allow the fear of making mistakes stop me from expressing myself.
- I am confident and my confidence grows daily.
- I do not get intimidated by anything or anyone.
- I do not compare myself unfavourably with other people. I develop my unique speaking skills.
- I take advantage of the opportunities that come my way to improve my speaking skills.
- I am worth listening to
- I express myself clearly, fluently and intelligently.
- I project confidence, competence and credibility every time I speak in public.
- My opinion is valuable and I express my opinions confidently.
- I am an engaging speaker.
- I get progressively better in my public speaking skills.
- I choose to focus only on the positive.
- I possess a winning attitude.